West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum is a regional network of business, government, non-profits and academia dedicated to promoting business practices that demonstrate environmental stewardship, economic vitality, and social responsibility.
Founded in 1994 under a fiduciary arrangement, the forum became an independent 501c3 non‐profit in 2009. It is today the leading membership organization for practitioners of beyond‐compliance sustainability practices in the Midwest, promoting positive change and operational improvements through education and collaboration.
We pride ourselves on consistent participation from a majority of the region’s most recognizable brands, largest employers and most innovative entrepreneurs, advocates and educators. Now in its third decade, the forum strives to meet emerging needs while leveraging the efforts of an increasingly robust community of vendors and initiatives working toward similar goals.
A marketplace of ideas, discussion and problem-solving around sustainable business for diverse and often competing interests, the forum serves as
- A mechanism for professional development, networking and tribe-building for practitioners and organizations.
- A platform for investments in shared capacity to address organizational, industry and community sustainability concerns.
- A “boundary organization” providing linkages between industries, governments, non-profit interests, and academia.
WMSBF boasts consistent involvement from a majority of the region’s most recognizable brands, largest employers and most innovative entrepreneurs, advocates and educators.
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES FOR 2016 AND BEYOND
The organization will release an updated strategic plan and road map in 2017. Our 2020 Strategic Plan will focus on these core objectives:
- Focused growth of participation, programs and membership.
- Improving financial security of the organization to protect the investments of our members and funding partners.
- Lead commercial and industrial waste diversion and circular economy efforts in West Michigan.
- Help the West Michigan business community understand and respond to climate change.
- Foreground the need for social responsibility efforts and programs.
EIN Number: 26-3787387