Our Sustainability Vision
Haworth will be a sustainable corporation. We engage our employees in more sustainable practices; we initiate and use processes that are neutral or improve our environment; and we utilize our resources in ways that create adaptable and sustainable workspace solutions for our customers. We do all of this globally to protect and restore our environment, create economic value, and support and strengthen our communities.
Our Value Stream Approach
For years, the economy promoted a linear value stream that focused on products and services with short, linear life spans. It is our goal to improve this paradigm into a circular value stream that includes products and services that are part of a circular, sustainable economy. Shifting to this holistic approach requires sustainable products and sourcing, the sharing of knowledge and services, continuous support and engagement of the community, and the accountability of our global operations.
Our Sustainability Policy
Striving for sustainability is our corporate responsibility. We will be an example and operate to ensure future generations are not compromised. To this end, we commit to the following:
- We will use education and innovation to promote environmental stewardship and enable the design and construction of more sustainable buildings and workspaces.
- We will continuously improve operational performance, not only internally but also throughout our supply chain, with a focus on preventing pollution, reducing waste, and reducing consumption of non-renewable resources.
- We will use benchmarked performance targets, conduct audits, track metrics, and annually report on our corporation’s environmental performance.
- We will be proactive, continually adapting our practices and behaviors to new developments in technology, health and environmental science.
- We will meet or exceed applicable legal requirements and other requirements related to the environmental aspects of the organization.
One Haworth Center
Holland, MI 49423
Senior Project Engineer