West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum will honor Jason Kehr as the 2017 President’s Award winner at its Annual Meeting this Monday. The President’s Award recognizes a professional for his or her contributions to the growth and development of West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum. It is given each year at the WMSBF Annual Meeting. View past winners here.
Kehr is Managing Partner of Valley City Electronic Recycling. He is a founding member of the WMSBF Solid Waste Task Force and has served on the board of directors since 2015. A tireless advocate for the organization, Kehr is directly responsible for growing WMSBF membership by 5% during his time on the board. He was also a contributor to the Michigan Municipal Solid Waste Economic Valuation Study.
VCER is an R2 Certified electronic recycler and has been serving Grand Rapids and the state of Michigan since 2003. Jason resides in Eastown with his wife, Marilyn, and their five children.
West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum is now seeking candidates for nomination to its Board of Directors for a two-year term. The Board of Directors establishes policies for the care and conduct of the organization and its operations, including those that promote sound planning and fiscal responsibility.
The board meets six times per year.
- Establish policies for administering programs and services that are in harmony with the mission of the organization. Refrain from becoming involved in operational or administrative detail.
- Assure leadership of the organization’s fund development efforts.
- Be a meaningful financial support of the organization at the appropriate level.
- Mobilize volunteer and staff resource for active participation in funding efforts.
- Monitor the financial affairs of the organization to assure that they are conducted on a responsible basis in accordance with established policy.
- Monitor the stewardship of the property of the organization in order that it is protected and is properly maintained.
- Plan for the future.
The application form can be found here. Applications due by April 21.