We Mean Business…for You
Whatever led you here, Davenport is waiting to equip you with real-world knowledge and experience. We offer many programs in the three fields: business, technology and health. These industries are the fastest changing, fastest growing drivers of the future, with limitless potential. Our innovative approach and commitment to quality will help you get where the world is going — and arrive ahead of the pack.
We Stay Current…for You
We continually review our programs, looking for opportunities to integrate new information, technology and trends. Our focus ensures that your classes will meet today’s demands and anticipate tomorrow’s needs. The bottom line: We prepare you to excel in our knowledge-driven, dynamic economy.
We’re Different…for You: The Davenport Way
All universities offer information. We offer more. Davenport’s exclusive Excellence System goes beyond academics to prepare you to be a leader. Yes, our programs equip you with the knowledge, hands-on experience, technology and critical thinking skills that will translate into success. But we don’t stop there. We believe that success lies in helping you develop many areas of strength, including:
- Interpersonal relationships
- Civic and social responsibility
The key principles of the Grow™ program are the key components of growing: knowledge, understanding, conscience, and action. We started with the basic premise that change can only start with knowledge. Knowledge leads to understanding; understanding to conscience; and conscience to action. This is growing; this is Grow™. As technologies, research, and products develop, so will the Grow™ program. Envisioned as anything but static, our intent is to continually learn, educate (ourselves, our customers, and our clients), and implement foods and services that nourish both people and the planet. Please explore the site to learn more about the Grow™ program.
Following the four key principles of Grow™: knowledge, understanding, conscience and action, we did our homework and were able to define five specific focus points for our Grow™ program. We then developed an icon for each of these areas, which we have paired with its definition on this page. These icons are intended to help all our customers quickly and easily identify items that fall under our Grow™ program, whether it is a sticker on a grab-n-go item, a cling on a breath guard, or an indicator in a catering menu. Additionally, the Grow program and icons were specifically intended to go hand in hand with our existing Food Matters® program, making it possible for customers to tell at a glance which items are good for both themselves and the planet.
- Earth Friendly: this icon denotes non-food items that are recycled, biodegradeable, or made from sustainable resources.
- Go Local: all items that are sourced locally (within a 150 mile radius) are tagged with this icon.
- Hormone-Free Dairy: this icon indicates milk products from cattle that were not given rBGH/rBST (recombinant bovine growth hormone or recombinant bovine somatotropin), a.k.a. artificial growth hormone.
- Natural Protein: proteins that come from animals that have not been given antibiotics or growth hormone, or animals who have been fed a diet of mostly organic feed.
- Sustainable Seafood: indicates seafood that is fished in a sustainable manner.
6191 Kraft Avenue SE
Grand Rapids, MI49512
Jack D Cichy