The Imagine Trash Partner Program provides a package of technical resources for small and medium sized organizations in the West Michigan region to improve their recycling efforts and potentially establish zero waste to landfill goals in support of the Kent County Department of Public Works Imagine Trash initiative.
- Evaluation of an organization’s waste stream and outline of opportunities for diversion. View a sample report here: Imagine Trash Waste Audit Sample.
- Walk-through of operations with experienced sustainability professionals to document waste encountered and discuss improvement and implementation strategies with your staff.
- Guidance and resources on how to set-up receptacles, change purchasing behavior, and educate employees.
- Local contacts and resources for recycling or composting common commercial wastes.
- Introduction to state and national industry programs to support your efforts.
- Opportunity to be featured in the monthly Imagine Trash e-newsletter.
- Opportunity to be recognized as an Imagine Trash Champion or Partner.
Organizations should be prepared to provide information on trash and recycling services, as applicable, including a recent invoice.
Walk-throughs require approximately one hour of facility access.
A $50 co-pay applies for organizations of up to 100 employees per shift with no industrial waste streams. Larger organizations and those with industrial waste should contact WMSBF for co-pay requirements. Co-pay waived for WMSBF members. Special incentives available for ArtPrize venues, 2030 District members and minority-owned businesses.
Learn more about the Imagine Trash initiative at imaginetrash.org.
Sign up using the registration form here or be e-mailing email@example.com.