West Michigan Green Labs hosts an annual workshop for Michigan lab practitioners interested in improving the sustainability of their operations. Now in its third year, the workshops were previously hosted by Michigan Department of Environmental Quality as part of its Michigan Green Labs Initiative.
The Third Annual Workshop was hosted at Michigan State University in Grand Rapids in May 2015. Presentations can be found below:
- Daniel L. Doyle, Chairman, Grumman/Butkus Associates and Director, I2SL
- Sudhakar G. Reddy, Sustainable Labs Coordinator, University of Michigan
- Clinton S. Boyd, Principal, Green Chemistry & Sustainability, Steelcase Inc.
The Second Annual Workshop was hosted by DEQ at Michigan State University in August 2014. Learn more and view presentations here.
The first workshop was hosted by DEQ at University of Michigan in July 2013 Presentations can be found below:
- Sustainable Laboratory Certification Program, Sudhakar Reddy, PhD, University of Michigan (PDF)
- Green Laboratory Practices, Lauren Olson, Michigan State University (PDF)
- Michigan Green Labs Initiative – Resources and Opportunities, Chris Affeldt, Michigan DEQ, Adam Waggoner, University of Michigan (PDF)