The Imagine Trash Partner Program is now offering a special promotion for ArtPrize Nine venues interested in starting up, expanding or streamlining recycling and composting within their facilities.
ArtPrize® set a new standard for recycling and composting last year with its leadership of the S.O.R.T. event recycling program, which provided waste-sorting stations, volunteers and educational support at six stations throughout the competition area. This year, ArtPrize Nine will challenge venues to adopt S.O.R.T. (separate out recycling and trash) practices of their own with a new program designed to provide venues everything they need to get started.
West Michigan Sustainable Business Forum and Kent County Department of Public Works are now offering a package of free resources that will provide participating organizations everything necessary to implement recycling and composting for patrons during ArtPrize Nine and throughout the year, while also establishing meaningful operational improvements:
- Walk-through and waste audit with an experienced sustainability professional.
- Attractive recycling containers (pictured above right), available with or without compost container. Manufactured locally by RecycleBoxBin.
- Facilitation of recycling services during ArtPrize Nine for qualifying venues.
- Evaluation of an organization’s waste stream and outline of opportunities for diversion.
- Action report highlighting current recycling rate and potential improvements.
- Guidance and resources on how to set-up receptacles, change purchasing behavior, and educate employees.
- Opportunity to be featured in media coverage and promotions for campaign during ArtPrize.
Organizations should be prepared to provide information on trash and recycling services, as applicable, including a recent invoice. Walk-throughs require approximately one hour of facility access.
View a sample audit here: Imagine Trash Waste Audit Sample
Sign up using the registration form here or be e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.