January: Growing Communities with Food
Monday, January 13 at Downtown Market
- Dan Carmody, President, Eastern Market
Sponsored by Progressive AE.
February: Business in the Anthropocene, Plus Green Roofs
Monday, February 10 at Aquinas College
- Andy Hoffman, Director, Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise
- Erik Cronk and Jeremiah Johnson, Green Roof Consultants, Advanced Green Architecture
- Sam Pobst, Green Building Consultant, Eco Metrics
March: Climate Resiliency in Grand Rapids
Monday, March 10 at Cheney Place
- Mayor George Heartwell, City of Grand Rapids
- Nicholas Occhipinti, Policy Director, West Michigan Environmental Action Council
- Aaron Ferguson, Consultant
April: Help ArtPrize® Become More Sustainable, See Green Leaders Finalists Compete
Monday, April 14 at Cheney Place
May: Materiality, Metrics and Motivation
Monday, Monday, May 12 at Perrigo
- Elsie Palabrica, Senior Sustainability Consultant, Environmental Resources Management
- Dave Auperlee, Product Safety and Regulatory Affairs Manager, Bissell Homecare Sr.
- Travis Gibbs, Product Development Engineer, Disher Design & Development
Presented by Perrigo
June: Sustainbility at Ford, Plus Beneficial Reuse
Monday, June 23 at University Club
- John Viera, the global director of sustainability at Ford Motor Co.
- Warner Norcross & Judd Partner Troy Cummings
Presented by Warner Norcross & Judd
July: Governor’s Water Plan, Plus Project Clarity
Monday, July 14 at MSU Bioeconomy Institute
- Jon Allan, Director of the Michigan Office of the Great Lakes
- Travis Williams, Executive Director of the Outdoor Discover Center Macatawa Greenway
- Dave Koster, Holland Board of Public Works General Manager
Presented by Holland Board of Public Works and Project Clarity.
September: Retrospective on 20 Years of Sustainable Business
Monday, September 19 at Grand Rapids Public Library
- Tom Fehsenfeld, President, Crystal Flash
- Mark Lacroix, Executive Vice President, Business Development, The Carbon Neutral Company
- David Rinard, Director Global Environmental Performance, Steelcase Inc
- Deb Steketee, Associate Professor of Sustainable Business, Aquinas College
- Bill Stough, President/CEO Sustainable Research Group
- Keith Winn, President, Catalyst Partners
- Norman Christopher, Executive Director, Sustainable Community Development Initiative at Grand Valley State University
November: Local and Sustainable Food Purchasing for Businesses and Institutions
Monday, November 10 at Metro Health Conference Center
- Alison Sutter, Senior Sustainability Consultant for Key Green Solutions
- Metro Health Hospital Executive Chef Ryan Reynolds
- Hillary Bisnett, Healthy Food in Health Care Director for the Ecology Center.
Presented by Unidine and Metro Health.
December: Sustainability at Whirlpool, Plus PACE
Monday, December 8 at Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
- Maureen Sertich, North American Sustainability Lead for Whirlpool
- Andy Levin of Levin Energy Partners and Lean & Green Michigan
Presented by Fishbeck, Thompson, Carr & Huber and Kendall College of Art & Design of Ferris State University.