Development and Programming
Projects include fundraising and planning for major events such as the forum’s 20th Anniversary in 2014.
- Rick VanDellen, Amway, Co-Chair
- Carol Parsaca, Pilgrim Manor, Co-Chair
- Justin Swan, Organicycle
- Wendy Ogilvie, Grand Valley Metro Council
Projects include Community Solar Planning and energy efficiency assessment guide.
- Jim Carter, Carter Law, Co-Chair
- Mike Hendricks, Control Solutions, Inc., Co-Chair
- Dan Shackelton, Kentwood Office Furniture
Corporate Social Responsibility
Key interest areas for 2014 include materiality, volunteerism, LGBT, environmental justice, appropriateness of scale, transparency, and the CSR assessment guide.
- Matt VanSweden, Integrated Architecture, Chair
- Kelley Losey
- Sarah Herbst, Perrigo
- Anne Marie Hertl, West Michigan Environmental Action Council
- Kim Holt, dmStrategists
- Brock Rodgers, Perrigo
- Cindy Locklin, Busy Bea’s
- Tera Fowler, Sustainable Research Group
Learn more about current design committee projects here
- Mike Stemo, Market Technologies, Co-Chair
- Tom Newhouse, Thomas J. Newhouse Design, Co-Chair
- Lee Davis, Lake Affect Design Studio
- Gayle DeBruyn, Lake Affect Design Studio
- Jennifer Wammack, IDa Design
- Eliott Copier, student, Kendall College of Art and Design
- Matt VanSweden, Integrated Architecture
- Jack Cichy, Davenport University
Tools and Resources
Projects include the building of a framework for a regional response to climate change, the Self Assessment Guide for Sustainable Commerce, and the Emerging Professionals initiative.
- Sara Meyer, Chair
- Aaron Ferguson
- Michelle Gibbs
- Eric Saigon
Plans the annual golf outing.
- Rick Post, Padnos
- Phillip Greene, Grand Rapids Community College
- Mike Stemo, Market Technologies
- Gabe Wing, Herman Miller
Sustainable Food Systems (pending)